A compact inverted research microscope configurable with a wide variety of observation methods
The Nikon ECLIPSE Ts2R sets a new standard for the inverted research microscope, providing a wide range of observation methods and applications in a compact body that can easily fit in limited laboratory spaces while maintaining excellent operability.
Control buttons on the Nikon ECLIPSE Ts2R microscope are intuitively located for a streamlined workflow. The on/off and Diascopic/Epi-fluorescence switching controls are located on the front panel while buttons pertaining to either Diascopic or Epi-fluorescence control are zoned to the left and right sides of the microscope body, respectively.
New ergonomic stage design for improved workflow
The Nikon ECLIPSE Ts2R’s stage height has been lowered by approximately 30% compared to the standard research microscope, thereby ensuring a comfortable hand position during repetitive operation and sample exchange. Moreover, lowering the support columns and positioning the camera port on the side of the tube improve sample visibility.
Newly developed mechanical stage
The Nikon ECLIPSE Ts2R can be configured with an optional rectangular mechanical stage. This stage provides a long travel stroke, enabling users to observe an entire well plate from end-to-end. You can also set limits to the travel stroke (three-way) to match frequently used samples or vessels. The stage handle is offered in two lengths, long or short, to further accommodate the user's needs.
High S/N Epi-fluorescence observation in bright rooms
The optional Contrast Shield accessory blocks room light, providing an easy and cost-effective method for achieving high signal-to-noise fluorescence observation in a brightly lit laboratory.
Versatile observation with LED illuminator
The high-intensity LED light source enables you to perform a wide variety of observation methods similar to the full-size ECLIPSE Ti2 inverted research microscope. The Nikon ECLIPSE Ts2R-FL model, which offers Epi-fluorescence observation, provides four fluorescence channels, with 8 different wavelengths to choose from.
“Emboss Contrast” Contrasting Technique
Nikon's new contrasting technique is compatible with both plastic and glass culture dishes. Unlike phase contrast or NAMC, Emboss Contrast does not require special objective lenses and therefore has minimal effect on Epi-fluorescence observation. Emboss Contrast allows thick samples such as embryos to be easily observed in pseudo-three-dimensional image with great clarity.
Easily fits inside laminar flow hoods
The compact size of the Nikon ECLIPSE Ts2R microscope makes it easier to store and operate inside a laminar flow hood. Additionally, the low stage and side-port camera position reduce user fatigue from repetitive stage manipulation and provides clear visibility of the stage and sample even with the hood sash lowered.
Advanced optical performance
The Nikon ECLIPSE Ts2R is compatible with Nikon's acclaimed CFI60 objective lenses which provide high numerical apertures and long working distances to deliver stunningly clear images.
Optical System: CFI60 Infinity Optical System
- Brightfield, APC (Apodized Phase Contrast)
- Nikon Advanced Modulation Contrast (NAMC)
- DIC (Diferential Interference Contrast)
- Emboss Contrast (EC)
- Spindle Observation
Diascopic illumination: High luminescent white LED illuminator (Eco-illumination), Built-in Fly eye lens
- Binocular tube: Inclination: 35 degree
- Ergonomic tube: Inclination:15-45 degree
- Siedentopf type, Pupillary distance: 50-75 mm
- Attachable camera port
Eyepiece (F.O.V.): 10x(22), 12.5x(16), 15x(14.5)
Camera Port (Eyepiece: Port):
- TS2R-P-CF 100:0/0:100
- TS2R-P-CH 100:0/20:80
- TS2R-P-CHL 100:0/50:50
- Up 8 mm, down 3 mm
- Coarse stroke: 5.0 mm per rotation
- Fine stroke: 0.1 mm per rotation
- Coarse motion torque adjustable
- Refocusing mechanism mounted
Sextuple nosepiece, with DIC (Diferential Interference Contrast) prism slots.
Condencer: Condenser turret, mount up to 7 modules:
- Phase Contrast
- Emboss Contrast and ND for Bright Field
- Use with any one of ELWD condenser lens
- LWD condenser lens and NAMC condenser lens
- Pre-centered or Centering PH Slider, 10x, 20x, 40x Objectives available for Phase Contrast
- Emboss Contrast sliders(eyepiece-tube-side slider must be mounted), 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x objectives available for Emboss Contrast
- Plain Stage, Stage Size 260 (X) ｘ300 (Y) mm with two types of Stage Ring
- Rectangular Mechanical Stage Stroke: 114 (X) ｘ73 (Y) mm
- Adjustable XY stroke limit
- Accepts 8 types of micro-testplate, well clamper and stage clip
- C-S-HP35 Petridish Holder 35 mm
- C-S-HLP100 Petridish Holder 100 mm
- C-S-HT Terasaki Holder for Terasaki plate and φ65 dish
- C-S-HS Slide Glass Holder for glass slides, φ54 dish and hemocytometer
- C-S-HU Universal Holder for Terasaki plate, glass slide, φ35-65 dish and hemocytometer
- C-S-HG Glass Ring Holder
- C-S-HLS Ring Holder Set
- TC-S-HA Acrylic Holder
Dimensions: 286 (W) ×466 (D) ×542 (H) mm
Weight (approx.): 17kg